Tuesday, November 29, 2011

HOMEMADE LAUNDRY DETERGENT!

WOW!  I can't believe how cheap and easy it is to make my OWN laundry detergent!  All you need is 20 Mule Team Borax, Arm & Hammer super washing soda, and Fels-Naptha soap.  I found all of these items in the laundry detergent isle at Walmart.  The Fels-Naptha soap cost $0.97, Borax cost $3.25, and the washing soda cost $2.97.  Next time I need to make a batch I will ONLY need to purchase the soap for 97 cents!!!  You will also need a 5 gallon bucket.  YES, I said 5 gallon bucket is how much detergent you will make!!
First put your grated soap in a large saucepan and cover with 8-12 cups of water. 

Heat on med to high heat and stir until the soap is dissolved.

That's my oldest daughter stirring for me.  Next add 1 cup Borax and 1 cup washing soda to the pan and stir until everything is dissolved.
Once everything is dissolved pour 2 gallons of HOT water into your bucket.  Then pour the mixture from your saucepan into your bucket.  Stir very well.  Then add 2 1/2 gallons more HOT water.  Let sit over night to thicken.  If it thickens to much add more HOT water.  You will use 1/2 to 1 cup of detergent per load.  ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment