Saturday, November 26, 2011

PUMPKIN PUREE!

I have been taking down all of my fall decorations.  I had a small pumpkin and I decided to make pumpkin puree instead of just throwing away the pumpkin.  This is not a large pumpkin used to make a jack-o-lantern.  This is a small "pie" pumpkin.  All I did was wash the pumpkin and cut it in half with a sharp knife.  I then used an ice cream scoop to scoop out the seeds and strings.  Then I put the pumpkin in a glass pan with 1/4 inches of water.  I baked at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Once the pumpkin was soft I scooped out the insides of the pumpkin and discarded the skin.  I put the pumpkin in my blender for about 2 minutes.  I poured the pumpkin puree in a freezer bag.
I will freeze the pumpkin puree until I need it.  This is just like a can of pure pumpkin that I use to make pumpkin rolls or pies.  I kept the seeds I rinsed them and laid them out to dry.  I will plant the seeds in my garden and I will have alot more pumpkin puree next year and it will be free!

No comments:

Post a Comment