Thursday, December 1, 2011

$3 DOLLAR CHRISTMAS WREATH

I was feeling crafty yesterday so I made a Christmas wreath.  I took a wreath that I already had and wrapped it with white lights that I had on hand.  I purchased two sets of  poinsettias and some berries from the Dollar Tree.  I used my hot glue gun to glue the berries and poinsettias to the wreath.  I took a snowman ornament that I already had and hot glued him to the wreath also.  Here is the finished $3 wreath.
WHAT DO YOU THINK??

Now, to follow up with the homemade laundry detergent post from a few days earlier.  I had to add more hot water to my detergent because it was REALLY thick!  I put my detergent in milk jugs that I rinse out when we are done with them.  I had a total of 7 1/2 jugs of homemade detergent!
WOW! This should last me a few months!!  And since I only used 1 cup of washing soda and borax I have alot left.  So, next time I need to make homemade laundry detergent all I have to buy is the soap which costs 97 cents!  The initial cost was $7.25 and I figured I may need 3 more batches of laundry detergent in a year.  So, an ENTIRE years total for laundry soap will cost me $10.25!!  The best thing is it cleans MUCH better than any expensive detergent I purchased from the store!

No comments:

Post a Comment